About Optimal Living
FOX Optimal Living focuses on several important programs that enhance both physical and emotional well-being, including: Sit to Be Fit; Strength, Mobility and Balance; Walk and Roll, Range and Relaxation; and meditation.
A Complete Spectrum of Rehabilitative Care is available at Chestnut Knoll Personal Care and Memory Care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Exercise Physiology
- Functional Assessments; Falls and Balance Assessments
- Strength, Mobility and Balance Exercise Program
- Fox Optimal Living
Specialized therapy services are also available to residents living with Parkinson’s disease or other movement disorders.
Optimal Living is part of our Memory Care neighborhood too!
Because muscles don’t get dementia, residents in the Memory Care Neighborhood also participate.
FOX Program Focus
FOL focuses on several important programs that enhance both physical and emotional well-being, including:
- Sit to be Fit - Seated strength and aerobic exercises for intermediate and wheelchair residents.
- Strength, Balance & Mobility and Balancing Act - Higher level standing classes to challenge balance and promote dynamic strength and coordination
- Walk & Roll - Walking program with both individual and group walking.
- Range & Relaxation - A range of motion and stretching program for our Memory Care residents to promote better joint mobility and maintain flexibility, done in a relaxing setting with calming music
- Meditation – Practicing different techniques from guided imagery to breathing awareness to help reduce stress and increase overall well-being.
What else do we get from FOX?
Other elements of the Fox Optimal Living Program include dementia education for community caregivers, continence programming offered to all residents, disease-specific wellness programs, customized cognitive exercise classes for residents with dementia, on-call physical therapists, dementia support groups for families and ergonomic analyses and wellness offerings for staff. These benefits are offered with no additional cost to the residents or their families.
Specialized Care for Individual Needs
Your loved one will benefit from specialized care based on their individual needs. We target specific health issues in order to create a higher quality of living for your loved one, focusing on both physical and emotional wellbeing.